Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My small business

Okay, here's the deal. I am trying to find a way to spend more time at home with Elijah and still be able to get by financially. I have been thinking about trying to start a small business. I looked into making a website, but it cost money monthly and since I have not had any income yet I don't have the money to start one so I'm starting with you. My business would be

"Brides, Bellies and Babies" Special Gifts by Erica

I will specialize in gift baskets for weddings/showers (Brides), pregnancy (Bellies), and baby showers (babies). My main focus, however will be Diaper Cakes. Here are a few pictures of diaper cakes. This size would be $150 it had about 200 diapers and 4 layers and a med size cake would be $85. There are options to choose. Such as: you may chose the color (blue, pink, yellow, green). You can choose from themes if you want such as Bath Time (which would have things such as bath toys, wash cloths, soap etc), or Dinner Time (which would have baby food, spoons, bibs, etc) Fun in the Sun (sunglasses, shoes, toys, etc) More customized themes may cost extra. For example, if the nursery theme is Winnie the Pooh or Barnyard and you want the cake to have that theme I would have to let you know how much the cake would be. Otherwise you can choose "The Original" diaper cake which would be like the one in the pictures which is colored the way you want, but has a mixture of "ornaments". If you decide you want a cake we can talk about this all more. These cakes make a great centerpiece and are also a good hostess gift. It will come on a cake board that doesn't show. The mom's usually like to keep the cake displayed in the nursery or at their home, but it comes apart easily so they can use the "ornaments" and the diapers. I also do diaper wreaths which one is shown in the picture (sorry I can't find a better picture). The wreath has about 10-20 diapers on it depending on the size and I can give you more info on those if you want. They run from $25 to $50. The only other thing I ask is that if you choose to buy one of my cakes you take some business cards of mine to the shower to have by the cake to help me further my small business. If anyone is interested in any of this please let me know. Sorry I don't have more picture "examples" as I do more I will post them. If I ever get any requests I will try to make a website. For now, please pass this along to anyone you know.










































































































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a great deal.

J.R. Foster said...

That is awesome! I love that you are wanting to do something so that you can stay home! That's how I got started! When and if you dicide to get a website up and running, let me know if you need any help...I pray for your success!!! Love ya!