Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

We're supposed to bathe him?

I was at the hospital last night hanging out with Melissa and I don't remember what we were talking about, but she asked how Elijah takes a bath. I told her when he was little he would just shower with me. Once he could sit up by himself we used his tub and he loved it. He would splash and kick and play until I made him get out. Now that he can stand up its been a little more difficult because he wants to stand up in the bath tub and he always slips and falls. After my surgery I had to soak a lot in the tub (my makeshift sitz bath) and he loved to get in with me. That's what we did the Friday before I went to Stephenville. Over the weekend he showered with Pawpaw and Monday night we washed him up in Mandy's sink. We flew back on Wednesday and he took a shower with Beau on Thursday when he got home. So I realized, in telling this to Melissa, that he went from Monday to Thursday with no bath. Then it hit me that I couldn't remember bathing him since Thursday! It was Tuesday!! Almost a whole week. In my defense I explained that he doesn't really get dirty and he doesn't spit up. I guess I hadn't thought about it (he didn't stink!). I rushed home to wash my child, but he was already in bed. I started to tell Beau when he explained he had realized the same thing today and gave Elijah a bath before bed. Beau saves the day!! I was a little surprised he bathed him since Beau's response to my asking him to bathe Elijah the first time was "I don't know how to bathe him!" I lovingly said, "just pretend you're bathing yourself and do all the same things!". I'll try to take pics of our rainy 4th. I've got to go now Elijah is chewing on a dirty diaper! I don't call poison control for that do I?

No comments: