Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 16, 2012

24 weeks

Aimee took this picture for me last weekend. Its not the best picture...I can totally tell I have a fake smile, but look at that belly!



In baby news: At my last appointment the doctor dropped a small bomb on me. He should know better than to do that to a pregnant girl who's at her appointment by herself. He said the ultrasound showed the baby has dialated ureters. The dr tried to tell me over and over that he didn't think it was a big deal at all and that it is almost always cleared up on its own by 30 weeks. However, when I asked what happens if its not cleared up, he informed me the baby may need surgery in utero or immediately after delivery meaning I would need to deliver in Dallas or Austin. I have been worried since the beginning of this pregnancy that something might be wrong. All of that mixed in with my hormones caused me to completely break down in the parking lot. After I got home and was able to look it up on the Internet on some medical sights I felt a lot better. I also resolved to decided there is nothing I can do about the situation by worrying about it. Finally, I sent out a plea for prayers. From the time of that appointment it would be 8 weeks till the next ultrasound ( just under 5 weeks from now) and hopefully we'll find out that all has resolved.


Otherwise all else is well! Other than some horrible back pain I'm enjoying my pregnancy!

No comments: