Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 14, 2007

My first Mother's Day



I was so excited for my first Mother's Day. I tried to explain it to Beau by telling him "you don't get to remember your first Christmas or birthday, but you get to remember you're first Mother's Day". He only shrugged. I woke up to breakfast in bed with a card and chocolates (of course they were dark). Then off to church. I was so excited to hear the sermon (again: my first Mother's Day sermon). Well, Elijah usually only makes it to communion and then gets fussy. No different this time. We went back to the "training room" because it has a big window into the auditorium and speakers to hear the sermon. Usually we go back there and he calms down and falls asleep. The only problem is I have an incredibly wonderful baby who does not like to be rocked to sleep but would rather go to his bed. This is obviously a problem at church. He started crying (he never cries) as soon as the sermon began. He was climbing all over me, pullling my hair and being so loud. Then, no exageration, he fell asleep during the invitation song!!!! I missed the entire sermon. Then, since we were going out for lunch and he really needed to get some kind of a nap in, I sat in the training room in the dark with the lights off until everyone was gone from the building. So I didn't get to hear the sermon or see anyone afterwards so they could tell me "Happy First Mother's Day"! WELCOME TO MOTHERHOOD We went to Beverly and Jon's for lunch and had a wonderful time. It was hard, I wanted to see my own mom on my Mother's Day, but that family has taken us in and made our time here so much easier. Anyway, here are just a few pic (I also forgot to get a picture with my own son on Mother's Day). ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! Oh well. He had a great time on the piano.

No comments: