Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hey Mom, look what I made!!

Before we get to that...Just another look at my cutie pie. She loves to have a bow in her hair which everyone thinks is so strange (I guess most girls pull them out).


This was Sadie a few mornings ago...

pajamas and a bow, and if I had taken a full-body-shot you would see that she has her shoes on too!

goofy girl!



I was on Etsy not long ago. They have the cutest stuff! I found this little ensemble and thought it would be so cute for Elijah and Sadie. However, it is $50!! Aimee convinced me I could do it myself and since I have more time than money I thought I'd give it a try. I haven't done the tie shirt for Elijah, but it looks to be super easy and I'll try that this week.



I went to JoAnne's and found some coordinating fabric I like and got started...



After about 2 hours (this is my first time sewing something more than a pillow or curtain) I had a dress...


As you can see its quite big on her. I followed the instructions, but they didn't say how big of a dress it would be and since Sadie was napping I couldn't really measure her.




Just the fact that it was a dress meant that she loved it...

So, a few days later I measured the fabric I had left over and it was just enough to make Sadie a dress more her size. Amy, that means I've got one more Brooklyn's size. Maybe she can borrow it and we can get some pictures of the girls together in matching dresses!!


The finished product more Sadie's size...
Not too bad for a first timer! The second one only took me about an hour.




"Mom, who's that cute baby?"






Precious...

So all the supplies to make the dress cost around $13 (and I actually got 2 dresses out of it). I still have enough of the polka-dot material to make Elijah a tie shirt, I just need to buy a t-shirt. That should be about $5. So, I will have my own Etsy outfits for around $15 instead of $50. Nice

1 comment:

shood9@gmail.com said...

SO PRECIOUS.....GLAD TO SEE YOU ALL ARE FINE. TAKE CARE.