Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Our not-so-relaxing Vacation

The day we got back from our last summer camp in August Beau and I decided we were taking a vacation. We took a vacation two summers ago with Elijah, but this year we decided we wanted to do something by ourselves. We decided to do something small, just to have time together to rejuvenate. We found a little Bed and Breakfast in Wimberley and thought we could make a nice, long weekend out of that. I handled all the details since Beau was busy getting the kids started back to school. When I made the reservations something came up about me being a nurse. The owner said she has a lot of respect for people in public service roles and would like to honor me with a bouquet of fresh wildflowers in our room upon our arrival.

Here is the bouquet...pretty...




Ha! Apparently she only has a "handful" of respect! I thought it was hilarious!...


Now onto the not-so-relaxing part. I started feeling sick before we ever left the house on Thursday. I felt sick the whole afternoon and evening. When we pulled into the Bed and Breakfast drive (out in the middle of nowhere) I made Beau pull over and I left everything I'd ever eaten on the side of the road! I was SO sick. I even thought at one point in the middle of the night I was going to have to make Beau take me to the ER. On Friday, Beau laid in bed watching a movie while I finally slept. That afternoon Beau drove me into town for a couple's massage he surprised me with. I didn't look or feel good, but it did help and I'll get out of bed for a massage any day! Saturday morning I FINALLY started feeling better and I was SO excited because it was just in time for my surprise for Beau...Ziplining!!
He was pretty shocked since its not my typical thing to do. I was really weak, but it was fun!!


And we're off!...








This was Beau on The Big Kahuna (longest zipline on the course)...





It may look like we're close to the ground, but that's just because you could only get a decent picture as they were coming in for their landing. Let me assure you that we were, at some points, hundreds of feet above ground (and trees)...








After our adventure we rested at the cottage and then headed back into town. The weather was awesome. We walked around all of the shops, ate dinner out on a deck while listening to some live music, got some ice cream and sat outside enjoying the night.
Beau said that was one of his favorite things about the town. There were little places to sit outside everywhere! It wasn't exactly what we had planned to wanted, but we had a great time together, just being lazy with no responsibilities for a few days!









No comments: