Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Brooklyn's Surprise Party

This year Brooklyn told Katy she wanted a Surprise Party for her 6th birthday. "You know, Mom, the kind where I show up and everyone is hiding and they jump out and yell 'Surprise!'. She cracks me up!


We drove to my parents' for the day and made Brooklyn think we had just come to hang out for the day (which is the reason Jon and Katy gave her for coming too). My mom bought Dad a real popcorn popper for Christmas. I'm not usually a popcorn fan, but Lya brought home butter from the movie theater so I was all in! The kids got a kick out of watching it pop.

Brooklyn needed to pose for a pic...


So, of course, Elijah wanted to pose for one as well...

Then Sadie chimed in....


When the first kernels started popping Cale started cheering...


After enjoying our popcorn I announced our family needed to go "run some errands" so we had to leave. We actually needed to get to Katy's parents' house where the party was supposed to be. Here's the conversation that followed...
Brooklyn: "Can Elijah stay here and play?"
Me: "No, Elijah has to come with us."
B: "Why?"
Me: "I need him with me when I run errands."
B: "Why"
Me: I can't come up with any more lies! "Because I said so, get in the car!!!"

When we arrived Katy had made this super cute Tangled tower cake...




We all hid and waited for Brook to come in. Once she stepped in we all jumped out and yelled "Surprise!!!" She was actually really surprised!





After she had to change into her birthday costume we got down to business...CAKE!






Zac and Heather enjoying their cake...







Time for gifts!!








She tried on her cowgirl dress up clothes and they fit!!











When I asked her to pose for a pic of her clothes...




After a while we were wondering why it had become so quiet...where are the kids? We stepped outside....

Dad has this pheromone that seems to draw children to him and relax them. Luckily he uses this talent for good and not evil. There was one little girl just whining and crying all. day. long. Jon took her outside, walked around with her, rode her around on the golf cart, looked at the animals, nothing worked. He walked up to my dad, my dad took the girl into his arms and she immediately stopped crying and was just happy as can be. Jon's mouth drops open, he looks at my dad and says, "Do you know this kid?" Dad pulls her away to get a better look and says, "No, who is this?" Nice. That's my dad in a nut shell...beautiful on the inside and the out.

No comments: