Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Too Two, Tu-tu party!!

A while ago (when Sadie was only a month or two old) I heard of a little girl turning 2 and having a Tu-tu party. I loved the idea and knew I would have to have a tu-tu party for my girl and celebrate everything 2! Well, the time finally came! Here's how it went... The dining room table for the guests who didn't want to brave the "heat" and sit outside. The pictures on the table were the party favors for the adult guests... The refreshment station...


There were 9 girls and 1 boy so the party was definitely catered to girls. The party favors were tiaras, wands, tootsie rolls, princess gummies and a pink juice box...


For lunch we had a whole menu celebrating 2. (From L to R) We had Pimen-two Cheese and Two-na fish sandwiches, Pota-two chips, cake, Pink Meringues, Two-tsie Rolls, Chee-twos, and olives...
The meringues had nothing to do with 2's but I had always wanted to make them. No one warned me, though that if it was the least bit humid outside they would be sticky. They were perfect when I made them, but by the party they were a sticky mess. They tasted good though! The olives are just because they are Sadie's favorites.




I made the cake. Only my second attempt at fondant. I made a huge mistake at first, but I was able to cover it up with decorations. It was a lemon cake with raspberry filling and buttercream icing under the fondant. It was a really good cake and went perfectly with the homemade ice cream!!


Then, the best part!! One of the youth group girls who takes ballet was willing to come and be a ballerina at the party. The girls were so excited when she came out to the back yard (with The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies playing in the background) and taught them all how to be ballerinas.


They turned....



Juilliard should be calling any day...



The learned all 5 positions...


The curtsied...



Oh my gosh, they were so cute and so excited I just wanted to cry!




Next came cake...



My big girl...


Shelli, who is also an awesome friend, came dressed up for Sadie's party too!



Gifts!!!



Styling...


Sadie and her twin, Maci playing outside...





This is one of Sadie's favorite gifts. I told Amy she would love to have a stroller for her baby and instead she got everything she needed to raise a small child!! She has carried the swing to every room and had a small breakdown when she couldn't put it in her crib for bedtime.




After all the friends left our families stayed around to hang out. This next picture shows one reason its good to be pregnant in my family...
That's my dad giving Heather a foot rub! I told her that's exactly what he always did for me and Katy...NICE!!!



Amy decided to see if Sadie would sit still long enough to have her hair braided (and if it is long enough)...
She was so tired she just sat there in a trance. But her hair did great!!



How old are you now, Sadie?!?


It was a great day and we had such a great time!!!

1 comment:

bunnytrails said...

And why weren't we invited to this party????????? Huh? huh? huh? Now I have to send a gift LATE!!!!!