Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Martha would not be proud

I LOVE this time of year. I LOVE this time of my life. I was made to be a mom and I am having a blast. Sunday while Elijah took a nap I rushed to make some gingerbread dough so it could chill a few hours. The problem was I made it too fast and didn't pay attention to how stiff I made the dough. It ended up being too soft for cut outs, which shows. He still had a blast though.


Rolling out the dough and cutting out a "man"...


Placing it just right...

I could not keep him from eating the dough. He loves gingerbread dough...


My sweet boy...




Well, since my dough wasn't stiff enough they didn't turn out great...



They either had miss-shapen limbs...


Too tall...






Or too fat...



So then we changed our approach (since we were taking them to the community Thanksgiving service I didn't want people to be scared of them)...



Better. Who doesn't love a gingersnap?...




Elijah has his Thanksgiving feast today at school. I volunteered to help so I could be there with him. We also went to the zoo yesterday so I have a lot of blogs coming up. More later

No comments: