Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Shots, shots, and more shots

Today I braved the pediatrician's office with both kids, all by myself!! It went well. It would have gone better had it not been smack dab in the middle of nap time. Sadie and I picked Elijah up early from school and headed into town.

Checking in...(Elijah was off playing)


In the room. Elijah was coloring on the exam table paper and Sadie was going thru the diaper bag...

Elijah LOVED the wall mural...animals, of course. He's pointing out each animal to me and Sadie is chewing on a tongue depressor...


My sweet girl...
While they did Sadie's measurements another nurse took Elijah and did all his. He also did a hearing screening and a vision test which he aced. Here were their measurements:
Elijah 30 lbs 14 oz = 39th %
3 ft 1 1/4 inches = 47%
BMI 15.5 = 33%
(They don't measure heads after 3 yrs which is good for Elijah...he's got a huge noggin)
Sadie
16 lbs 2 oz = 34%
26 inches = 38%
Head Circ 17cm = 74%(Which is interesting b/c she said her head is pretty small, but not in a
bad way)
They also got vaccinated. Elijah got 2: H1N1 mist (he was not a fan), Seasonbad way)al Flu shot (really not a fan). Sadie got 5 shots and an oral!! My poor, poor baby! It was going to be 7 shots and an oral, but I had her check and 3 of the vaccines could be mixed together. She got her 5 normal vaccine injections for six months, the oral Rotovirus, Seasonal Flu shot and H1N1 shot.
They both crashed on the way home (we were there over 2 hours!) and as soon as they wake up I'll be dosing them with plenty of Tylenol!! I'm also expecting to be up more than normal tonight (unless I do really well on the Tylenol dosing!)
(Have you ever seen so many parenthesis in one blog!!!) Ha!
I have my first day "on the floor" in the ICU tomorrow!! I did luck out though, I got a preceptor for tomorrow who only works 8 hour shifts so I'll be done at 3. That's good for 2 reasons. 1) I'm sure 8 hours will be plenty for me to be thoroughly exhausted and 2) I'll still get to go to church. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brooklyn is getting her shots tomorrow! What fun what fun! I don't think her dr. has the H1N1 so I dont' know if we are lucky or not! 6 months to 9 3/4 months were no fun for us. She had 6 ear infections in that time!! They started the day after 6 month shots. I pray you have a better 4 month window than we did!