Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

There is no theme I cannot conquer!

I may not need to make that claim until I know what Elijah wants to do next year! As you know, Elijah was adamant on his theme this year being Lake Animals. I will just say...I nailed it!











The cake. No one has ever said I am a talented cake decorator. Luckily 4 year olds think it looks great and the adults were just impressed with the jello lake!...





Lake Water...
Lake Waco water. You have no idea how proud of myself I was for coming up with this!...




Thanks to Katy for helping with the turtle...
Fish scales...


Alligator eggs...


Bait (dirt cake)...




The party favors included alligator pencils, lizards, goldfish crackers, frog suckers and fish straws...



I decided not to stress myself trying to come up with games. We just all sat outside and let the kids play on the "tree house" as Elijah calls it. I stole this picture from Janice. Sadie has NO FEAR. She climbs the ladder (fast) and jets down the slide. I love the look of determination in her eyes!...


Then it was time for cake...

Everyone singing. We tried to get all the kids in a picture, but that was like herding cats. This was about half. You have no idea the noise level goin on at this time!!

Make a wish...



Then we opened presents. This was interesting. In years past I would sit with Elijah while he opened his gifts. This year I just let him at it. All the kids were "helping" him. At one point a random child would open a gift, run over to Elijah and yell "look what you got!!"...









We had a great time. Everyone was really impressed that I was able to pull off the Lake Animal theme. I would do anything for this child, though, so it didn't seem like anything at all. I love Elijah beyond words. It is, however, going to take me weeks to get this house cleaned back up!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well you're right!!! There is no theme you cannot conquer! :) Lake Waco Water.....hahaha