Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 26, 2011

Sweet dreams!

With the kids starting a new school year I decided I wanted to try a new craft. I wanted to make the kids nap mat covers for their mats at preschool. I think they turned out pretty good and they weren't all that difficult.
Aimee put their names on them for me!!

Elijah's was dinosaurs...his favorite animal right now!





Sadie's was just frilly and girly....like her.



















A princess can't just nap on a plastic nap mat!...not that she naps at school.


The kids loved them so much I had to keep them put up in my room the last few days before school started. They were using them all the time. They would lay on them to watch tv on them in the living room and even napped on them in their own rooms a few times!


Update: When Beau took the kids to school on their first day he handed Elijah's nap mat to his teacher and she said "Oh...what's this?" He said "Elijah's nap mat." To which the teacher replied, "we don't take naps in this class". Of course. Beau even said he knew that, just didn't think about it. Oh well, Elijah loved Sadie's so much I probably would have ended up making him one anyway...I guess he can take his to sleepovers...

No comments: