Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Some one (who by the way is horrible about updating her blog, but has no problem telling me I need to update mine) reminded me I've neglected to put something on my blog...




I have always thought "oh, I'm not going to be like those other people who don't keep up the scrapbooks or whatever for their third child...I'm going to do just as much as I did for my first." Well, now I understand why that happens. It has nothing to do with the third child not being as important at all. Its just so hard when you already have two small children at home to take care of! I totally get it now! Whew...I'm tired!

*Note to my third born who may some day read this...I love you! I have loved you from the moment I watched that second line appear. I fell in love with you even more when I saw you for the first time on November 1st. My love grew deeper when I heard your heartbeat for the first time on November 29th. My love will continue to grow every minute of every day. Though there may be fewer pictures or less intricate scrapbooks please know its not because of a lack of love...its because you're big brother and big sister have plum worn me out! Smooch smooch...Mama*

Another thing the unmentioned friend has been hounding me about has been my lack of belly shots. I just haven't taken any. The times I actually think about it are when I actually get a minute to myself and those times usually don't bode well for pictures. I have one picture I took on my phone to send to said friend so she could see the beginning of my baby bump. It is a horrible picture since I took it in the middle of cleaning. It was taken on November 2nd. The day after my first appointment. I was 9 weeks and 5 days...

Notice anything in this picture to support my claim that I hardly ever have any time to myself? I am now 15 weeks and am feeling much better than I did for the first 7-12 weeks. I have now apparently decided to attempt the record for how much food can be consumed by one person in a single day.

I am looking forward to the next 25 weeks, but am not rushing it. I'm a little nervous about having a 5 year old, a 3 year old and a newborn by myself for much of the summer. Okay...I'm a lot nervous. Fine...I'm terrified. There...I said it.

4 comments:

Aimee Scogin said...

Who is this friend? Obviously he/she cares about the well being of this neglected child!!!

andrea said...

Congrats!!! So excited for you guys!! And from one who has a 4 yr old, a 2 yr old and a newborn, you have good reason to be terrified. Ha! Really it's not so bad. The older two keep each other occupied so that's nice. And my rule of thumb is: whoever is yelling the loudest gets the attention. Survival of the fittest and all that! ; ) Oh, and I can't remember if you were one of those weirdos who's always on time but your new mentality will be - if you are 10 min late, you're really 5 min early!!! =D Hope you continue to feel well and have a great pregnancy!!!

Kristy said...

Congratulations on your 3rd! Don't feel bad, I kept a weekly journal during my first pregnancy and now at 26wks?? (I'm not even sure off the top of my head how far along I am)with my second pregnancy I have yet to write a single journal entry for the baby. As a middle child myself you would think I would make more of an effort :) Hope your family has a Merry Christmas!

Interludes and Improvs said...

I love what you wrote to child #3 to be. Having been child #4 I can so relate! I can remember looking at all of the baby books and yes...mine had the bare facts filled in and then it was blank pretty much.
On the other hand, child #3 will get the benefit of a much wiser mommy and daddy who have learned quite a few tricks of the trade:)