Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 27, 2007

I'm not a housekeeper!

We are having a joint garage sale on Saturday with Gary and Aimee. Yesterday, Beau and I were going thru our stuff collecting things for the sale. We decided to sale the VCR's and so we were going thru the entertainment center and it was really dusty. If you've been to my house I apologize. I am not and don't wish to be a good housekeeper. I'm sorry, I just hate cleaning. I try to keep a very neat house, but don't look closely because its dusty. I have been doing better about keeping my floors clean because of Elijah crawling, but I still don't dust or do bathrooms. (Beau does the bathrooms - I just wanted to throw that in so you're sure to know they do get done.) Anyway, Beau said wanted me to start dusting regularly. I plainly said, "I don't dust" I told him I'm more than willing to pay some one else to do it. He told me he would do all the dusting (even the blinds) if I would do everything else (like the bathrooms - go back a few sentences and you can guess how this conversation will go - and vacuum). I then again said no. If he wasn't willing to pay some one he could do it himself. He told me he doesn't want to do it, it's women's work. I told him I don't care if he thinks that way and said I will hire a very nice woman to do it. We came to the compromise that if I dust the furniture he will do the blinds and the ceiling fans. I asked how often he wants it done. Twice a month. So we agreed on the 1st and 15th of every month we will dust. What he didn't realize until the end of the conversation is that he had been dusting the furniture the whole time we were talking! Ha Ha. Guess I don't have to do it until the 1st now. Just to let you know I do some housework. We compromise on everything. Beau doesn't like to do laundry so I do it all and fold it and put it away on the same day. I mop - not well - but at least I do it. I straighten the house, I cook (I don't, however, clean the kitchen - Beau does) and I um...lets see....I'm sure there's other stuff! :)

No comments: