Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 27, 2007

My baby's just as good as yours


Okay, can I just say one thing? I don't know why I ask, its my blog I'll say what I want! :) I don't care if my baby's not walking yet so quit making me feel bad about it! He's only 10 months old! Why are people always rushing everything? :) Every time I'm at church or anywhere people will say things like "How old is Elijah?" "10 months" "oh, and he's not walking yet? My _________ was walking at 8 months!" I smile and nod and think to myself "I don't care what your child did" Then some one else last month said, "He's 9 months old? He should be walking by now." Are you kidding me? I think to myself "how hard would it be to trip this person as they walk off?" I hate it when people make me feel like a bad mother because my baby isn't walking early. I don't think enough people in this world think before they speak. It is very damaging to a new mother to point out something "wrong" with her wonderful baby. I don't care if he has three eyes and purple skin. He's my boy and I love him. He'll walk when he's ready and on that day I just hope I can figure out the video camera! This is really a sarcastic blog. I usually don't care what people think or say, but when its about my child I do. Right now he's laughing uncontrollably because I keep growling at him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

From someone with education in early childhood development, the longer he crawls, the better his eye hand cooridation will be. Don't worry about until his is about 14 months and not walking. I walked at 9 months and am a clutz.
Amy B.

Anonymous said...

You have it wrong...our baby's better than theirs...why does he need to walk he can get everything he wants by crawling.
But just to be on the safe side maybe you should have him "checked out" he really should be walking by now.
:)
juju

Cotton Photography said...

I love your last two blogs! You are so funny...yet why do I hear you telling the story of MY life as well in both of them!? Love you girl!