Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 12, 2007

Our Crazy Weekend is Finally Over!

Oh, the crazy weekend is over!! This whole past couple months has been a blur. I started working on Elijah's Birthday Party when we first brought him home from the hospital and kicked it into high gear some time in late August. Then as soon as that was over I started working on Fall Festival making the costumes. Before that was even over I started on my stuff for the Nutcracker Market. This house was covered in diapers and ribbon. Now that all of that is done I can focus on the Holiday Season, my favorite time of the year. If only it were cold!! The high tomorrow is 86!! Are you kidding me! I can't decorate for the holidays sweating in a t-shirt! Oh well. Here are some pics of the weekend.

This was just now, incase you forgot how precious my boy is!!


Friday was the shower for my girlfriend at work. A lot of people loved the cake and commented on it. It seemed a little rude to go around passing out cards, so I didn't, maybe people will contact me some other way. Her nursery theme was Nautical. That is a nightlight on top. It was so funny. When I got there they used it as the centerpiece on the table with the cake and punch that was set up when you walked in. Then when it was time to eat in another room they moved it to be the centerpiece on the food table!
Saturday I got off work at about 1pm. I came home and rested a bit, sent Elijah off with Gary and Aimee. Beau and I got ready and went to the Medina Charity Banquet. It was GREAT. We had a blast. A HUGE thank you to Gary and Aimee and the rest of the Scogin Crew for keeping Eljah for us. We had a wonderful time out with some other friends from church.
At the end of the night they said to check your program for a certain sticker and whoever had it got to take home the centerpiece! My husband won ours!! I had been eyeing it all night!! YEAH BEAU!! I would have hated getting caught trying to steal a centerpiece from a charity banquet.
Sunday was the Market. I think it was a success. I didn't take any orders ( I didn't really expect to), but I got my name out there and passed out a lot of cards. I'll tell you, the A&M wreath was a huge hit!! I was really bored sitting there by myself for 4.5 hours so I'm getting Aimee to do it with me next year.


Pregnancy Gift Basket
Large Diaper Cake




Couple's Breakfast in Bed basket. It had Bisquick, maple syrup, a wooden spoon, two candles, two coffee mugs, two linen napkins, coffee, a vase with a flower, and a heart pancake mold.
The A&M Diaper Wreath
The Small Diaper Cake
It was really frustrating once during the Market. A woman with her daughter (probably 10) came up to my booth. The woman was looking at everything and the daughter was saying "look mom, how cute" she kept pulling at stuff on the wreath and the cake. I wanted to scream "Stop pulling at the stuff before I knock you into next week, don't you know how hard I worked!" I kept thinking, "why is this mom just letting her daughter mess up my stuff" then I got my answer. The mom saw the pregnancy basket, which wasn't wrapped so people could see everything in it. She saw the Preggie Pops and grabbed them out of the basket sending everything falling into a heap (I worked FOREVER getting everything just right in that basket and yelling at Beau "don't tilt it" while he loaded it in the car) and she went on and on about how she couldn't find them - she was 3 mos pregnant. When she was done she threw them back into the basket and went on her way. I was sweating and trying so hard not to yell. I spent the next few minutes trying to get it all back into place. Seriously!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The diaper cakes are really nice. Hopefully you will get some takers.
The pictures of Elijah are really good. Dee saw some pics and said he is really something. I agree!!!
Janice