Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Dinner at the Auburg's with the Coolest Cat

Saturday night we went to the Auburg's for dinner with some friends. Elijah had a great time playing with Maddie. He would walk up to her, pat her hair and walk off, or try to see how far down her throat he could put his fingers...all good stuff. I'm not sure what Elijah's face is all about here, but its the only pic I could snap of both of them.
Carl and Jen have a cat. I don't like cat's, I don't trust them, but this cat was very cool. He would play like a little puppy and he was GREAT with Elijah. We showed Elijah how to shake the stick with a bell and feather on it and the cat would chase it and jump up into the air. Elijah thought it was so fun. At one point he was laughing so hard he fell over!
Elijah and Gary playing with the cat. I wish you could hear Elijah's belly laugh. It warms my soul.


We wanted to play games and usually its really hard with a toddler, but we didn't have to worry about Elijah at all. The cat was babysitting. We would just shut all the doors in the hallway and he and the cat would run up and down the hall, Elijah laughing the whole time. We didn't get home till almost 10pm. About 2 hours past Elijah's bedtime. When we put him to bed he fell right to sleep. I woke up during the night around 3am - I always have to check on him and make sure he's not cold- and he was in the same position he fell asleep in (very odd for him) and then at 8am when I got him up he was still in the same position. He was exhausted!

No comments: