Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Feel free to make fun of me....

Okay, I'm only telling you this really embarassing story because it's so funny I have to make fun of myself.
I had to work yesterday, we were really busy all day long and I was in charge which meant I was extra busy. That's really no excuse, but whatever. So around 5:45pm I am hungry and I usually don't eat dinner on nights I work, maybe just a snack, but I was really hungry (from running all day) so I was going to call Beau and ask if he'll make me something to eat for when I get home. I call the house...busy. We don't have call waiting. I call Beau's cell....no answer. I keep calling the house every few mins for about 30 mins...busy. Call Beau's cell....no answer. I think maybe Elijah has been playing with the phone and its off the hook and Beau's cell is on vibrate. So I decide to leave a message on his cell knowing it will make a noise. Beau doesn't call back. I call the house....busy. I have to take a break from my OCD phone calling and take care of a patient. I leave work at 7pm and call again. The house phone rings but no answer. Beau's cell...no answer. I figure Beau is giving Elijah a bath and doing the perfect thing by not leaving Elijah's side and answering the phone. So I quit calling and I call and talk to my mom on the way home. When I get about 5 mins away from the house I call again...no answer on each phone. Now I start to get worried. So I start thinking...maybe the house was on fire and that's why they aren't answering....I start driving faster....maybe Beau was feeling sick and tried to call but passed out and that's why the phone was busy and Elijah picked it up and that's why its not busy any more....I start driving even faster.....I start trying to decide, if I need to give Beau CPR I will call 911 on my cell so I can do it on speaker phone and still give CPR....what if they both need it, who do I do first....what if they have Carbon Monoxide poisoning...now I'm speeding....I get to my street, turn onto it, peer into the distance, no fire trucks, no sirens....sigh of relief....I get to the house....Beau's truck isn't there....I panic, he wouldn't leave the house this late with Elijah and not tell me....what if Elijah's sick and they are on the way to the hospital....what if they were kidnapped....I barely miss scraping the top of my car off trying to race into the garage...I burst thru the door, leaving the car running...darkness....I'm yelling for my boys....no answer...I turn on lights...there's no note saying where they are....I pick up the phone and dial Beau's cell....no answer....I will him to answer and dial again...Beau answers!!! Dialogue:
Erica: Where are you????!!!!
wait for it.....


the suspense builds.....


here it comes.....


Beau: I'm at church.
Erica: Why, what happened?
Beau: It's Wednesday night.
I start laughing. I always pick up Elijah on my way home on Wed nights and take him home to bed.

Erica: I'm sorry, I forgot it's Wednesday, do you want me to come get him.
Beau: No, just sit down and try to relax.

So, no injuries, unless you count my ego. After I started thinking about it I just kept laughing. I always get so worried when I don't know where Elijah is. I hope that's a normal mom thing and I'm really not Psycho. Anway, thought you might enjoy that. Scroll down for Elijah at the Children's Christmas Party.

No comments: