Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

So sleepy....

Well I know its been a long time since I posted...again. I really do apologize. When I left you last Tuesday...I worked Wednesday, can't remember much of Thursday - I think I "cleaned", worked Friday, Saturday was a whirlwind. Beau and I cleaned all day. It wouldn't have been so bad if our house had been in its normal state we could have just cleaned and it would have been fine, but it was just cluttered from the holidays. Putting up decorations, every time I turned around there was something I forgot to put up from the holidays. Anyway, we really cleaned and then had all the youth group parents come over for dinner and a meeting. We always have a great time with them - they really cut loose without the kids.

Anyway, for a funny story...
You know I had to work all those days in a row and so Beau was on Ligy Duty for all that time. I tried explaining to him that that is how it is when he's gone to camp for weeks on end, but whatever. Since we were gone so long it took Elijah a little while to "get back into the groove" so he was waking up almost every night. I felt bad for Beau because our "deal" is whenever I have to work the next morning Beau gets up with Elijah during the night and I do it the other nights so he had been getting up a lot. I had Tuesday off, but Elijah didn't wake up Mon night, and I had Thursday off but he didn't wake up Wed night. So things were going well for me, he he he! However on Thursday night I was exhausted from my hard week and went to bed embarrassingly early and Beau stayed up a while. During the middle of the night (about 3am) I woke up and heard Elijah whining in bed. I thought "oh, I'll get up so Beau doesn't have to". I bolted out of bed because sometimes if you catch Elijah while he's just whining you can change his diaper and calm him down and he'll go back to bed. If you wait too long and he actually starts crying you have to give him a little bottle. So, like I said, I bolted out of bed and was walking really fast toward the door/hall. Just about the time I thought "I wonder why its so dark, the nightlight in the hall must be out" BAM!! Whole body slammed into the bedroom door.

Let me explain:
our bedroom door stays open at night. It has a hinge on it, though that always lets it swing closed so we keep a door stop on it to keep it open. When I went to bed I closed it so Beau wouldn't keep me up. I guess when Beau came to bed he didn't replace the door stop and it closed behind him. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but I was so sleepy and not thinking clearly and I was wanting to make sure I got up instead of Beau so he could sleep so I was going fast.

So...BAM! Beau jumps out of bed, because of the noise being so loud and hears me whining in the corner.
Beau: "Erica! Are you okay, what happened?!"

Erica: lots of whining..."why is the door shut"

Beau: "You hit the door? Oh, baby, come here, come back to bed"

Erica: more whining..."but Elijah's awake"

Beau: "It's okay, just come lay down"

Erica: even more whining...(my face really hurt, not to mention my knee and shoulder - I hit
hard people)

I go lay down and Beau starts hugging me and I'm still whining from the pain and what does he do? He starts laughing! He says "sorry I'm laughing, but I just imagined what that looked like"
I imagine it and I start laughing too. Elijah did go back to sleep, but the next morning when I woke up I walk into the kitchen as Beau is explaining to Elijah that they have to be extra nice to Mommy today because she had a hard night.

So that's my story. Sorry I don't have any new pics. I'll work on that today...promise.

No comments: