Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 16, 2008

2 Year Check-Up

Elijah and I started off the day with a few errands. One stop was Toys R Us. He is an official member of Geoffrey's Birthday Club so when he showed up he got a crown and a balloon. He loved it. He wore the crown for the rest of the day. Then off to the Dr's office. Here are the stats:

Height: 36 inches ( 90%)
Weight: 25 pounds (18%)
Head: 19 inches (85%)

We we're still tall and thin. I take that as a good thing. The doctor thought he was fine. Elijah had to get his blood drawn (standard for 2 year check up) and it proved his runny nose and crankiness is due to a cold. He also had to get 2 shots! A vaccine and a flu shot! OUCH!! He was not happy about that, but he got a Dora sticker and the world was good again. I didn't have my camera at the Dr office which was too bad because I know you would have loved to see him stripped to his diaper with just his birthday crown on. It was great. Well, since I didn't have my camera you'll just have to settle for a few pics I took the other day of Elijah coming in from playing outside.

No, that's not stuff on the camera lens...its all dirt! I asked what he was doing outside to which he replied, "digging". Great.

We are super busy (and stressed - just me) getting ready for the party. Last night I woke up and it was storming. I knew I needed to be worried about it raining so hard, but I couldn't think of why. I thought..."did I leave a window open?"..."no"...did we leave a toy outside?....no...hmmm...can't think of why its so bad that its raining. Then around 5 Beau jumps out of bed. He figured it out. We don't have a roof!! He could hear the dripping in the bathroom. He ran up to the attic to do as much damage control as possible. We get our new roof next week! Great!

No comments: