Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away

I don't know if its been raining where you are, but its been raining here almost non-stop since Sunday night. That is bad news when you have a 2 year old. Yesterday he really wanted to go outside. It finally quit raining and so I put him down for a nap and told him when he wakes up we'll go for a walk. A few hours later I go in to get him from his nap. He looks up at me and says "walk Mama". Sometimes I forget how good his memory is. I asked him if we could wake up a little first, he said no. I asked him if we could snuggle in mom's chair for a little while first, he said no. I gave in.
Me: "okay, Elijah, you have to get dressed to go on a walk. Where are your clothes?"
Elijah: "in the doors" and he runs to his room
I'm thinking - what are the doors? I follow him to his room and he is standing at his closet doors.
Elijah: "open the doors, Mama!"
Now I get it. I tell him its a closet and open the door. He points to his clothes.
Me: "we need to put some pants on"
Elijah: "these" (he points to a folded stack of pants)
Me: "okay lets put on these" I take out a pair of sweat pants
Elijah: "no, Mama, these" he points to a pair of camo's
I not being a fan of camo's take out the sweat pants and try to get him to put them on - totally ignoring the camo's.
Elijah: "NO, MAMA, THESE!"
I give in.
He puts them on so happy. I get a shirt. I tell him to put on his shoes (brown hiking boot looking shoes).
Elijah: "no Mama, these" he goes and puts on his black crocs. Probably too small, but I think he likes them because he can put them on himself.
So for the first time Elijah picked out his own outfit and ended up proving he has his father's sense of fashion...




We went for our first walk sans stroller. It wasn't far and it took longer than usual. We did see some cool stuff along the way. One very exciting discovery...a bucket truck...


And a very cool road work ahead sign. Elijah ran over to it, turned to me and actually smiled and said cheese. A very rare occurrence...


We found some pine cones. Very cool. Side note: he wants to read his Alaska books every night and one of them has a picture of a porcupine. He's been working very hard to say porcupine. Well every time he tried to say "pine cone" on the walk he would accidentally say porcupine, then look confused and say "no, pine cone" Very cute...


On our walk we passed Carol's house. (she is the church secretary and Elijah loves her) When he realized we were leaving her street he stopped walking and kept saying, "Carol's house" I would tell him no we can't go to Carol's house and he would say, "Carol busy", but he still didn't want to leave her street...





Elijah ignoring me when I tell him we have to go...


Then he noticed "a plane in the clouds" and we were off...
It was a very interesting walk. I wish our neighborhood had less traffic and we could do it this way more often.













No comments: