Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Isn't this how it always happens....

So I asked Beau yesterday if I could have the day to myself today to get some errands/shopping done. He said yes, but it would have to be the morning because he had a appointment at noon. So I got up early, ate breakfast and was out the door by 8:30am. Here was my list of things to do:

1. Go to new Maternity Resale shop in Clear lake to look for black pants, jeans and a white belly band.

2. Go to Mall: Macy's, Victoria's Secret, Gymborie, Motherhood, Hallmark, and Penny's.

3. Go to Target

4. Get milk, eggs, avocado (the three things Elijah and I eat the most of and therefore are always out of) and stamps at HEB.

I drove, first, to the resale shop since it was out of the way of everything else and if I found some things there I could skip a few places at the mall. I arrived at just before 9am. It doesn't open until 10am! Of course it doesn't. I walk around the shopping center to Half Priced books where I find a Christmas present for someone and a new Veggie Tales CD for Elijah for the car. I walk back to the resale shop. Its only 9:30am. I am upset because I know if I leave this area of town and drive to the mall it totally negates the whole plan (and if you know me I always have a plan). I decide its the only thing to do.

I drive a few mins to the mall. I park outside Macy's. CLOSED UNTIL 10AM!! Why wouldn't it be? Luckily the mall itself is open so I can at least have some air conditioning (its hot here today). So I am forced to sit in the mall waiting for any stores to open and smelling Cinnabon for 15 minutes!! I am getting more and more frustrated because I am wasting precious time and I am having to smell that goodness without getting one. Why can't I get one you ask? Because I am turning into a beast!

Side note to explain: I wasn't as sick with this child as with Elijah and I wasn't able to have sugar without getting sick with Elijah for most of my pregnancy. Since I don't have that problem this time I have already gained about 15 lbs!! Are you kidding me!! So I try to have some self control (and save money - since we're about to go 3 months without my income) and not buy a freaking cinnamon roll and NO STORES WILL OPEN.

Okay, I've calmed back down now...

I get done with Macy's, Victoria's Secret, Penny's and Gymborie with a few finds. I am on my way to Motherhood and dying of thirst (and a little hungry). I'll stop at Jamba Juice for a smoothie!! Perfect idea. Its healthy, its fulfilling, its right by Gymborie...perfect. I get there...closed!! Like closed...forever. I totally was jonesing for a smoothing and the one place in the mall that sells them is gone. UGH! On to Motherhood. I find some black pants...too short...I find some jeans...too long! I leave frustrated.

I finish at the mall and am on my way to meet Beau. Since it has taken me longer than expected I am meeting Beau close to his meeting where there is a Target and a HEB. That's fine. I get Elijah, go to Target. Can't do all I need because we are both hungry. We leave, eat and go to HEB. I get my few staples, check out, tell the checker I need 2 books of stamps. "Oh, Ma'am, I'm sorry, I am all out of stamps. You'll have to go to the business center for some." Okay, I go to the business center and the line is a mile long of people trying to cash their pay checks. GET A BANK, PEOPLE!!! By the time I finish I have to race home to babysit Grant.

I didn't get everything done and it wasn't near as relaxing as I was wanting it to be, but hey...what is.

Now the two boys are sleeping and I have a few minutes to myself again.

No comments: