Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Beau!!

Today is Beau's birthday!! The big 2-8! I have to admit I wasn't in my usual "top form" today. I had plans to make him this big dinner and cake and everything. Well, first I found out that he was only going to be able to be home for lunch (not dinner) and I found that out about an hour and a half before lunch. So I improvised. We had Sliced Steak with Fondue Gravy and Smashed Pea Potatoes. I also made my grandmother Jo's Hot Fudge Pudding Cake (its the easiest dessert on the planet and its oh so good). Luckily since it was Rachael Ray and I had planned on making it anyway I was able to pull all of that off in about 45 mins. Nothing spectacular, but we are going out to dinner tomorrow night to officially celebrate.

I was just so tired today. I have worked way too hard in the last 4 days to be almost 23 weeks pregnant. I was under strict orders from Beau to only rest today so I stayed in my pajamas until 4pm!! If I hadn't been so tired and just laying around I could have gotten more stuff done, but then I probably would have gone into early labor and I got yelled at last night by Mandy about that. So if you're upset that I haven't blogged all our latest happenings you can blame Beau and Mandy!! Ha!

I feel a little better. Elijah and I are about to take a shower ("Shower with Mama" started during the hurricane and its one of his favorite things) then we're going to watch Charlie Brown Christmas. He really likes it. His obvious favorite is "Snopy". That's no typo, that's how he says it. Tomorrow morning I'm getting up and going to register for a few things at Babies R Us and try to do a few more errands before Beau has to go to work at noon. Then Aimee's coming over to help me get some things ready for Progressive Dinner on Saturday. Appetizers are at my house and we're serving 16!

Anyway, I'll leave you with a funny story about Elijah. Beau and I have been taking every chance to explain to Elijah why we really celebrate Christmas. We've talked a lot about Baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph. On the other hand we also talk daily about Baby Sister Sadie being in mom's belly. Well the other day Elijah is rubbing my belly and I say, "who's in Mama's belly?" and Elijah very proudly states, "Baby Jesus!" Beau and I start laughing and then spent a while trying to convince him that Baby Sadie, not Baby Jesus is what's in Mama's tummy. Too cute! You can't make this stuff up! I'll try to blog more with pics soon. We're off to the shower.

1 comment:

Aimee Scogin said...

I can't believe you didn't even MENTION the snow!