Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 5, 2008

Holiday Acres Fun!

Thursday morning Elijah and I went with MOMS club to the Holiday Acres Tree Farm in Manvel. I had never heard of it before, but just another perk of MOMS club - they find cool things to do. Elijah had a GREAT time. Definitely worth the $5.


First we visited the Hay Maze. I don't think Elijah understood the point (he probably it was just a big fort) but loved running around with the other kids...


Then some digging...



Then we fed the goats...


"Hello Goat"...

Then playing in some random big tires...

Then came Elijah's favorite and where we ended up spending the large majority of our time...sledding. In Houston since we don't get snow we make our own "mountains" out of dirt. At least it was cold...

The push-off. I wasn't sure how he would do. I showed him how to hang on, but thought he would surely "bite the dust" (literally). I wasn't even sure if he would like it but we tried...

I think his face tells if he liked it or not...

And back to the top. We did this over and over and over...

Then we went on a hayride thru all the Christmas trees. We learned all about the trees. Pretty fun...

Elijah's usual "learning" face...

There was a really nice dog so of course we had to visit it...

What Elijah likes to do most with dogs...

Elijah also got to feed a Moose. A Moose you say? Yes, that's what he kept telling everyone. He even remembered later that day when Beau got home. Beau asked him "what did you do today?" and Elijah answered, "fed the moose".

Here is the moose I'm referring to...


I tried to explain that its a donkey, but explanations are pretty pointless to a 2 year old...





The "moose" ran out of food so Elijah took it upon himself to find more hay...

We also roasted hot dogs over a campfire for lunch. I didn't get pics of that, I had my hands full. We had lots of fun and hope to return next year.

2 comments:

bunnytrails said...

He is soooooooooooo cute! I love all of his expressions! So glad you are having a little girl..He will be a wonderful big brother! Tell Beau hello.

Janice said...

What a great place. Glad yall got to visit!!