Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Two Funny Stories

Well I am exhausted. I worked harder Monday and Tuesday at work than I think I have in my whole nursing career! I had a patient both days who apparently has 9 lives because he just kept trying to die, but I wasn't having any of it. Please say a prayer for him and his family. I got up this morning sore, tired and with a sore throat. I think I worked so hard I made myself sick! I was too tired for MOMS club meeting, but did manage to drag myself (no makeup, ponytail, tshirt and warm ups) and Elijah to the grocery store. It was go to the store or have a jar of pickles, mayonaise and tortillas (but only 3) for dinner. Beau said he thought I was going to by groceries, not the grocery store. I politely told him I did not buy everything the store had, after all, I didn't need toothpaste so...

But, I thought I could entertain you with a few recent Elijah stories. They both have to do with bodily functions (as do most things with a 2 year old) so prepare yourself.

When I got home last night Beau told me one funny story. He went to get Elijah out of bed Tuesday morning and there was poop everywhere, literally, everywhere. Apparently Elijah had a bad case of the runs. As soon as Beau opened the door Elijah shot up and said, "Ligy poo pooed, sorry Papa, Ligy clean up, sorry Papa." Beau said Elijah acted like he was so sorry and scared he would get in trouble. He kept saying, "Ligy clean up" but "clean up" pretty much meant smearing it everywhere. Beau told him it was okay and he wasn't in trouble, carried him to the shower, decontaminated him then started working on his room. He had to wash everything in a 1 foot radius of the bed...sheets, blankets, books, stuffed animals, the carpet...He said it was just so sad though because Elijah just kept on apologizing and saying he would clean it up. He has such a sweet heart.

Story number 2:
I don't remember teaching the word "tooted" to Elijah, but apparently he heard it. I was holding Elijah this morning and my stomach growled and Elijah said, "Mama tooted" I ignored it. Then all thru the grocery store this morning he would say (very loudly) "Mama tooted, Mama tooted!" I would say, "No I didn't" and then he would say "Ligy tooted, Ligy tooted!" This prompted a lot of stares and laughs, but no one bothered us....I guess they wanted to stay away from the gassy family!

1 comment:

shood9@gmail.com said...

This is toooo funny. I really feel that you need to write children stories. You have a wonderful sense of humor.