Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 26, 2009

If I tell you a secret...promise you won't tell?

Well, funny thing yesterday...I went to church (not the funny part) and after lunch I went back to church for a baby shower. At the shower a lady (who always sits rows behind us) came up to me and said "I'm glad you're finally showing! I was thinking it is about time for you to be showing." My mouth just dropped open and the only thing I could say is "what?" She said, "yeah...I was looking at you from behind at church this morning and thinking you're not showing at all and now I see you really are" I went on to explain..."oh, that's because I've gained so much weight and my back side is so wide now it just blocks the view of my belly!" Then I said, "if I tell you a secret, promise you won't tell? I couldn't find a shirt to go under my cardigan for church this morning so I ended up just having to put on a bra and wear my black pajama shirt!" I really do have to go buy some new maternity clothes. Anyway, I'll think about possibly posting another belly shot some time soon, but it will have to be on a day I'm feeling really good about myself. I am working out though...I've been going to the gym twice a week with Aimee. So there...

Funny Elijah story:
His new favorite word is "delicious". I made brownies for some one the other day and let him lick the spoon. He would take a lick and say, "Mmmm Mama, tastes delicious!" Then a day or so later I was changing his dirty diaper and I dropped it in the trash. He leans over, takes a big sniff of the trash and says, "Mmmm, smells delicious" So I have learned one of two things:
1. He thinks his poop does smell like roses
2. My cooking sucks and I need to really work on it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! You really make me laugh! Now go shopping!!

shood9@gmail.com said...

OMG this is so funny :) So when will you begin writing books? I will be your #1 fan.