Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Best Baby Shower Ever!!

Well, unfortunately as of now this is the only picture that I have from my awesome shower this weekend. My camera is really acting up so I'll have to wait on everyone that was there to send me their pics so I can post them. Until then, you only get this one. It was about half of the people there - the "young girls" picture. All but 2 of us in this pic are pregnant!! Ha! Definitely something in the water, huh? Anyway, about the shower...

It was a brunch on Saturday morning hosted by my dear friend Aimee. It started at 10am and we arrived to a beautifully decorated room with some amazing food. We of course had muffins (my favorite!) and some breakfast sammies, candy corn, a berry souffle, chocolate dipped strawberries, Prego-friendly Mimosas and berry tea...MMMM I'm drooling just remembering it! We sat around and visited while we ate then Aimee announced biding was starting on the silent auction. Silent Auction?? you say? Yes! It was Sadie's Silent Auction. The things to bid on were things such as:
"The right to give Erica a back rub while she opens her gifts"
"The right to have you picture as Erica's focal point during labor"
"The right to move up one slot in the list of 'Who Erica calls when she goes into labor"
"The right to love on and rub Erica's belly at any point without having to ask"

It was so funny!! The guests were told to bring change for the the auction and whoever "won" put the money into a piggy bank Aimee got for Sadie. While that was going on we played another game. Aimee told everyone how I like to make up songs for Elijah and said we needed to make up a song for Sadie. So everyone drew a number and had a word to rhyme with and then wrote one line. We turned them in and compiled them and ended up with a "song" for Sadie. It turned out really cute, I'll have to remember to get you the lyrics....too cute. We then opened gifts....oh the clothes....I can't get over the clothes!!! I had so much fun later that night showing off all the gifts again to my dad and Beau (who were by the way thrilled to sit thru that). Then we played Baby Pictionary...very fun!

It was just so much fun. Aimee is amazing...if you're not friends with her, call me, I'll give you her number, she is worth it!!! ( I doubt she'll mind me giving out her cell!) I LOVE YOU AIMEE!

I have so much more to blog about....our latest ultrasound...shopping for Sadie's room...and some projects we did this weekend! It was a busy weekend, but it was SO GREAT! Can't wait to tell you all about it, but I have to go for now. Love you all and thank you so much to everyone who got to come to the shower and for those of you that sent gifts! More later...

No comments: