Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Elijah's Big Boy Room

Saturday we moved Elijah into his Big Boy Room. We started after breakfast. We took his crib apart and moved the headboard into his room. (The rails that connect the headboard to the foot board haven't come in yet so he only has a headboard propped up against the wall) That afternoon I put him down for a nap in his Big Boy bed. He never fell asleep, but he stayed in the bed the whole time. When I went in to get him he was just sitting in the bed reading a book. He asked if he could get down and when I said yes, he crawled down. That night we put him down and went thru our whole routine. (Side note: we "lost" his pacifier when we moved from room to room. He didn't even seem to notice. I think he may have associated it with his crib. I kept it close by because I wasn't sure if it would all be too much moving to a new room and a new bed in one day. I thought he might need the extra comfort, but he hasn't even mentioned it)

Saturday night I went in to check on him like I do every night before I go to bed and this is what I found. It was dark and the flash is what makes it look bright as daylight, but the flash didn't even bother him.


He looks so small in that big bed...



He fell asleep right in the middle of reading his book...

Sunday morning I went in to get him (the door was not closed all the way) and he was just sitting in his bed. I asked if he slept okay, he said yes then asked if he could get out of bed. I said yes and he crawled out. I don't know why but he seemed to have a sense that he was supposed to stay in bed until told he could get out. I thought it couldn't get any better. Then this morning he came and woke me up about 7:30am. His breath smelled extra fresh and I found out he had eaten some peppermints out of a bowl in the guest bathroom. Ha! I guess we've got some some changes to make around here.



Sunday, after church, I went in and took some pictures of the room so far...


Elijah is so proud of his room. He wanted to be in all the pictures. He is pointing at his maps...


He loves those maps (I found them at a book fair)...


Playing with Percy the Train...



Here is a better picture of the maps and the shelves Beau, Dad and Larry made. Aren't they great!?

I love this picture...He is so proud of his bed. By the way, the suit is from Bibby and John...super cute.

My boy's all grown up!! (and I didn't even cry all weekend!)

1 comment:

Janice said...

Well, I'll cry!!!.. He looks so sweet. I can hardly stand it. Give him a kiss for me. Mimi