Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Dip It!!

Friday, when we got home from the zoo we rested for about an hour then got ready for my birthday dinner. We got dressed, dropped Elijah off at Aimee and Gary's and headed back down town for dinner. Beau took me to the Melting Pot. Its a fondue place I've been wanting to go to for a long time.


Elijah was upset that we were getting our picture taken so he made Aimee take his picture.


When we showed up Beau had arranged for us to have a very private booth and there were roses on the table. We had a four course meal. It started out with cheese fondue. We chose a Boston Ale cheese fondue. We had veggies, bread and apples to dip. It was really good. That was followed up by salad. I had a Californian with walnuts, Gouda, spinach and a raspberry vinaigrette. Beau had a warm spinach salad with balsamic vinaigrette. They were all so good I forgot to take pictures. Our third course was the main course. We had chicken, salmon, fillet Mignon, shrimp, pork tenderloin, ravioli and lobster tail, potatoes, mushrooms and broccoli. We chose a Burgundy wine broth to cook everything in. Then there were about 8 different little bowls of dips. Elijah would have loved it! I just kept telling Beau we have got to find a cheaper place like this for Elijah. He loves to dip and he would have gone nuts!!
This was our main course...


Our forth course was dessert!!! Oh yeah!! We chose the Cookies and cream. Dark chocolate, marshmallow cream and crushed oreos! Our "dippers" are bananas, strawberries, marshmallows, rice crispy treats, brownies, pound cake, and cheesecake. Are you kidding me!!! Beau had to roll me out!



It was all sooo good. It cost more than most of our monthly bills, but we had such a great time! If anyone ever finds a cheaper place that is fondue, please let me know...I would love to take Elijah.

No comments: