Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Move-iversary

It was one year ago today that we made the move from Alvin. The year has gone by so fast. When I realized today was our 1 year anniversary I was so surprised it had actually been a year. Although we know we made the right decision and we are where God wants us its still hard to look back and think of the things we miss. So, in looking back over the last year...

Things I miss about living in Alvin...

1. My Aimee and the rest of our Scogin/Spencer family. We still stay very much in touch and I know we always will...they're family (whether they like it or not).

2. All of our friends at Westside Church of Christ. We have some great friends and made a lot of wonderful memories.

3. My job. I miss the people I worked with and the work I did.

4. Everything to do when you live in the 4th largest city in the US. We mostly miss the food. So many ethnic options. Indian food...oh how I long for you!!

5. Froberg's Farmer's Market. Man, did I get spoiled being able to skip over to buy fresh produce, pick strawberries, entertain Elijah, and support local farmers!

6. The discount rack at Kroger's. It may sound goofy, but one of my favorite things was Bran Muffins from Kroger and every now and then they would be on the discount rack which made it much more affordable. To keep from becoming 500lbs I only allowed myself to buy them when they were on sale.

7. Although I love my *new* house I miss my old one some times. I mostly miss our plush, barefoot, lay on your back and watch the clouds grass. Someday I think we'll be able to "redo" our backyard and plant nice St Augustine grass and I won't have to long for it anymore.

8. I'm not a beach person, but it was nice being so close that we could go for a few hours and splash around (and get all sandy). We also miss the fresh sea food. Can you tell I like to eat!?!


Things I do not miss...

1. Hurricane Season. I hated having to be on guard and I hated having to work during a hurricane. 9 days without power when you have a 2 year old and you're pregnant...not fun. I did figure out how to "bake" a pie on the stove in a skillet, but it still wasn't worth it. Now I look forward to Hurricane Seasons because I think, "Oh good, maybe Aimee can come stay with us!"

2. The humidity. It gets hot here, but its not near as humid (usually). I don't do good in the heat, I'm a sweater and its not pretty!

3. Working full time. So far we're staying afloat with me only having to work one day a week. Its great. It really fits my personality more! Ha!

4. The biggest think I do not miss is being so far from our family. It was an all day affair to drive to my parent's and now I can go there and back in one day! In just the past couple weeks I've seen my family more than we usually would in a year!

Well, that's about it. You're still thinking about the muffins aren't you?

No comments: