Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Summer Fun Winding Down

Last week we had another Kid Club event. I thought it was the last one, but noticed in the announcements Sunday we have another one next week. I should know that, I'm the one that planned it! Ha! Anyway, we went to Peter Piper Pizza. They had Christmas in July. We had pizza, games, a craft and ice cream. The kids had a blast.

Sadie enjoying some ice cream. She's getting really good at feeding herself...



When I took it away from her...


Sadie entertained herself while Elijah and I worked on our craft...



I thought there were tokens included in our price so I didn't buy Elijah any when we got there. By the time I realized we weren't getting any I was going to buy some but he didn't even need any. He "played" the same game the whole time and loved it!...










I know my mom is going to get onto me, but I wouldn't buy Sadie tokens to ride the train, but hey, she didn't know it was supposed to move. She had a great time just sitting on it. I know, I'm so cheap!...



But she didn't care!







So much so that when I made her get off...





The next day was our last library day. It was the zoo day. The zoo keepers brought a few little animals, mostly things you find in your backyard, but Elijah didn't care. They could have just shown pictures of animals and he would have loved it...










Showing the kids a ferret...
Funny story: At one point the Zookeeper tells all the children to be really quiet. She then instructs some people to shut the doors and guard them. Then she says, "If the animal gets loose don't scream, just tuck into a ball and don't try to touch it." At this point all the moms are looking around with worried looks on their faces. I saw a flash of me in the future yelling "A dingo ate my baby!!" Ha! It was just a parrot and they said it sometimes flies off. Nice.


Reading some books at the library after the show...


"Mom, I think I'll take this one"...


1 comment:

Janice said...

One day they will say "Remember the time you wouldn't buy me any tokens?" I have heard that.....