Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 2, 2012

Play Ball!

Saturday was Elijah's first t-ball game. He was SO excited...and so was I. He looks so darn cute I can hardly stand it!!

He started the game out as catcher. He didn't get much action because the coaches usually told the kids to throw the ball to first every time. But he did a great job of going up to the plate after every bat and waiting for a ball to be thrown home.



He was the first one on his team to bat....
It took him a couple of swings (he hit the tee the first time or two) but he got off a good hit....

Running to first. He has such a unique run. He runs bow-legged, but has a nice, long stride. Although, his upper body seems to slow him down. He has his elbows out and has a slight twist going on, but man....so cute!!
By the way...that kid's head is huge...his helmet fits me!
I LOVE the way he stands and waits. Hands on hips...he looks so serious!
But still takes time to turn and sneak a peek at Mama...
Rounding second...
Beau had to give him a talk after this run that he doesn't have to hold on to his helmet when he runs...it's not going to fall off.



Getting some tips from his 3rd base coach...

Running home...
This is what my girl did the whole game...
I think she is upset no one is paying her any attention...

Lining up after the game...
Good job, good job...

They gave away a game ball. I was not a fan of this. Elijah keeps talking about how "Stephen got the game ball because he played the best." I keep telling him, "No, Stephen got the game ball because it was his turn." If every kid doesn't get a game ball they will be hearing from me...its t-ball for crying out loud!
"Goooo Rays!"
It was great fun to watch. Next time I'll get a video!

No comments: