Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 21, 2007

What's going on here

Well, a lot of you have voted on whether or not to cut Elijah's hair. One option is to just "clean it up" leave it longer, but all around a little shorter. We may try that. Beau is taking the afternoon off so we can spend some family time together then he has a 5th Quarter tonight here in Alvin. As hard as it is to be married to a youth minister I do have a great husband. Anyway, Tuesday night Beau and I went out to dinner with an out-of-town friend. He wanted to go to Windswept in Oyster Creek. We drove out there, I had to drive b/c Beau couldn't find his wallet (imagine that!). Anyway, if any of you have ever been to Oyster Creek its tiny. We left the restaurant, I pulled out onto the 5-lane highway and headed home. I was going about 55mph and looked around, noticed there were some houses around and I must still be in "town". I hit the brakes, but simultaneously saw a white car coming over the train tracks. As he gets closer I see its a cop and immediately know he is going to stop me. I told this to my passengers and they disagreed because he had kept driving and didn't do anything. Then, when he was almost out of sight I see him turn around and follow me for a few miles. Now I'm going really slow because I can't find a speed limit sign. He finally pulls me over and said all those miles ago I was caught going 56 in a 45. I told him I didn't realize I was still in "town" because I had never been there and he still wrote me a ticket. I just finished defensive driving for my last ticket!! I have been driving since the day I turned 16 (I drove to school in my car that day). I got one ticket a few months after starting to drive for speeding. Since then I never got one. 6 years go by and we move here. We've not even lived here 2 1/2 years and this is my 3rd ticket. Brutal! I was most upset though, because this is the first ticket I've received when I didn't really intend to be speeding. I wasn't in a hurry I just didn't know the speed limit. Anyway, I'm sure it'll cost a lot and now I can't take defensive driving again and then Beau got a parking ticket yesterday! So, please send donations to my address! :) I will try to snap some pics of my baby today and get back to you. Hope everyone is well.

No comments: