Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sunday Church Shower

Sunday was Aimee's church shower. I got put in charge of this shower so we did things a bit different from the normal "traditional" church showers. Not that I have anything against church showers, but its very hard on a very pregnant woman to sit in an uncomfortable chair for 2 hours opening presents. The guests can't mingle because you're supposed to be watching and no one really has much fun. Its great because you get amazing gifts, but I wanted Aimee to get amazing gifts and her and all the guests really enjoy themselves.

I stayed after church was over to set up with the other ladies since we couldn't do it Saturday. Beau was really sweet and went to get us lunch. After we all ate he took Elijah home for a nap.

Elijah thought he was so clever hiding from Beau behind the planter when Beau was trying to take him home.



We sat up the trellis and hung all the little boy clothes on it as a backdrop. There aren't many clothes b/c these pics were taken before the guests arrived. By the end of the shower it was full of clothes. Everyone brought their gifts unwrapped. We did that for two reasons: 1) Aimee doesn't like attention and loved the idea of not having to sit in front of a room full of people to open gifts 2) it saved time so we were able to play games and visit. It turned out to be a really cute backdrop and everyone loved walking around looking at all the gifts.


Instead of the traditional cake we had Aimee's favorite: Brownies and Ice Cream. We had 6 different kinds of brownies (peanut butter, classic fudgy, creme de menthe, raspberry, rocky road, and cheesecake) It was a huge hit. No one could decide what kind they wanted so you saw all these women walking around with a plate full of brownies.


This is a picture of the center table, it had the diaper cake I made for Aimee, the game prizes, the hostess gift (car seat) and the "guest book". It was a photo album and every guest wrote their name, what gift they brought and some advice for the new parents on a card that we put in the book. It was a hit.



I loved the cake topper. I found it all Walmart with all the Easter stuff. I love ducks and loved the way he was all sprawled out. If you squeeze him he quacks. I hope Grant loves him as much as Elijah and I did.



Melissa won one of the games - a blindfolded diaper race. We laughed and said she should have been disqualified. She was the last one to have a baby - Maddie is about 9 months and so everyone thought she has too much middle-of-the-night diaper changing experience (in the dark).


All the hostesses. I don't know why, but I look really tall. I guess I shouldn't stand between Cathy and Aimee unless I want to look really tall! Ha!


Self portrait! I don't know why we didn't take a real portrait. Oh well. We had a great time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Decorations are really great! The brownies looked delicious.
Janice