Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter

Well, we just got back from Stephenville for Easter. Rayford had to pick us up from the airport because Beau is stuck in Jury Duty! So we haven't even seen him yet! Anyway, we had a good time. We stayed Thursday night with Mandy then the rest of the weekend we were in Stephenville. I don't know if Elijah was trying to test my love for him or what, but he woke up Friday night at 12:30am and stayed up until 3:30am before I finally went downstairs and slept on the couch (he couldn't go to sleep with me in the room). Then Saturday night he woke up at 1:30 am and was up until 4:30 am. I tried holding a pillow over his face to "help" him fall asleep, but he sure can wiggle! Then, being the proactive mother I am, Sunday night I drugged him. I thought it was best for our relationship if he were in a drug-induced coma all night. I gave him just enought Tylenol to keep CPS from showing up and he slept great - until 4:30 this morning!!! I don't know why, but I still love him. Maybe you'll understand after you scroll down and see the pics. He was very clingy to me all weekend, was rude to everyone else and asserted himself ("NO!!") at every possible moment. I think he must be going thru some issues. Anyway, I also didn't get to wear my pretty new Easter dress because it was so cold! Bummer~ you might be wondering why I wrote that we had a good weekend at this point. It was great to see everyone (almost everyone) though. There were a lot that couldn't make it, but we had fun. Elijah did great on the flight up - much to everyone's obvious surprise. We get the most awful, annoyed looks when we step on the plane. On the way back he wasn't quite as good, there was a seeing-eye dog on the flight (not alone, he was with his owner) and Elijah couldn't understand why he couldn't play with that dog. I think the lady got tired of hearing him yell "DOG!!" and point so she let him touch the dog. Anyway, we're home now, I'm going to try to get everything done that should have been done yesterday (Sunday is laundry day). I doubt it will happen - my body is working overtime just to stay awake!

This is an awful picture of me, but I love the way Elijah is looking so sweet at me. He's probably thinking "Mom, you have a giant booger in your nose!", but I'm going to imagine he's thinking, "Mom, you're the greatest, I love you so much!"



His new Easter suit - isn't he so cute!!



"Zac, Ligy and Lya"



Juju and Ligy

Funny story, we passed a giant church on the way to Mandy's from the airport on Thursday. It had a giant banner over the entry that read, "Happy Birthday Jesus!" Just think about that for a minute! So I leave you with this, Happy Easter and Happy Birthday Jesus!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I *love* his outfit! What size is it? You said 12 months right... maybe I can borrow next year! :) Missed you guys!

Maimee