Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My New Ottoman

Here it is!! My new ottoman....



This is very exciting, probably not for you, but for me! I REALLY want a red rug now to go under my ottoman. Here are a few pics I snapped after it was delivered.









Now I just need some new pillows, a new end table and a red rug!! Oh and money to pay for it! Ha!
Anyway, in other news...We have finally booked our hotel for our first family vacation to Abilene, TX!! I know it's no Disney World, but we are super excited. Its our first family vacation and we get to see a lot of friends and family we haven't seen in a while. We will leave the day after Memorial Day, drive to Lake Travis outside Austin and stay 2 nights in a B&B. We have been told by the owner that there is a lot of fun stuff for Elijah, like feeding the deer at dusk! Should be fun. Then Thursday we drive to Abilene. We have finally booked the hotel. It took so long because we thought we could use our credit card points to stay for free at least part of the time. Well we found out we needed 20,000 points to stay at a certain hotel. We only had 17,000 so around March (when we found all this out) we started using the credit card like crazy (but don't worry, Dad, we paid it off every month) to try and get up to 20,000 points. Well, we did it and I went to make the reservations and found out you have to have atleast 25,000 in your account to use any of the points!! There is no way we can spend $5,000 in a week (and pay it off in a week), although Beau did say he would saccrifice and go on a spree at Home Depot if need be. So I started looking for places for us to pay out of pocket.
What we really wanted is a suite with two separate rooms so Elijah can go to bed at 8pm as normal and we can stay up and watch a movie or whatever. Well all the "suites" I found were not really suites, they were just oversized rooms with a sitting area or a partial wall divider - not really going to cut it. Then I found the Elegante Suites that used to be Embassy Suites. (I'm almost done, hang in there) but the rooms were like $150 a night. I didn't know if it was worth that, but really wanted to do it. While I was thinking about it, and waiting for Beau to get home to ask his opinion, I got on the Abilene Visitor's website and low and behold under "coupons" is a coupon for Elegante Suites - $92 a night!! That's over $100 saved after 3 nights!!! So we booked it! We're really excited.
Wow, that was long. Sorry. I'm home alone, no one to talk to....better go shower, I stink after Zumba (my salsa dancing aerobics class)!!



1 comment:

andrea said...

You're coming to Abilene!!! Yay! What dates will you actually be there? We must MUST get together!!!