Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Houston Astros

Last night we went to watch the Astros. It only reminded me why I don't go to baseball games - they're boring!! Give me some football! It was apparently a good game - we won 6 to 1. Beau and I missed half the game because there was a ticket mixup with one we left at will call for a member of our group, but it was still fun. At one point though, the Umpire made an obviously stupid call and I got a little upset...
I think it was because I was just emotional about missing Elijah. He had his first night without Mama and Papa. He spent the night at John and Bibby's. When I woke him up from his nap yesterday he was grouchy. I couldn't get him to get dressed so I said, "we have to get dressed so you can go to John and Bibby's" He ran over, picked up his clothes and brought them to me. When we got there he was so excited he was just running around. I picked him up to tell him bye and he started screaming and reaching for Bibby. I tried to explain that he was staying, but I had to hand him over and he held on to Bibby, looked at me and said "bye bye"! Nice! At least he's not clingy with separation anxiety. I'm trying to find the good in the situation - can you tell? He's actually still over there. I called this morning and they told me I COULD NOT come and get him yet. They are having a blast. He did great, he didn't wake up all night and when they went into "his" room to get him this morning he just laughed and laughed-apparently very excited that he was still at there house. They had pancakes and I'm sure they are playing hard. Later today we have Maddie's 1st birthday party!!

Beau leaves tomorrow for camp. I actually got today off so I get to spend it with him. He will get back on Saturday (our fifth anniversary). Janice is coming on Tuesday to help me with Elijah since I have to work. Please pray for Beau and Janice's safety as they travel this week!!

No comments: