Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Story time at the library

I found out that the public library in town has story time for kids on Wednesday mornings. Its a great way to have some fun when its too hot to play outside.

We read a book about all different animals racing...

Elijah would get up every few minutes and move to a new location...


Grant was more "into" the story time than most of the other kids. He, at one point, sounded like he was reading along and asking questions. He is just taking away...


New location...

New location...

After the book we went outside to play hopscotch. Elijah didn't quite understand. When the kids would throw the bean bag on the square he would go pick it up...

Then came Arts and Crafts (or as Jon and Zac used to say, Farts and Craps). Elijah wanted to sit with Grant...


Grant was not as involved with crafts as he was with story time...


Elijah did not totally get the concept, but was very much enjoying sorting and organizing the chalk...



I said I wanted to see his picture. I held up the camera and he yelled "CHEEESE!!" So it seems I either get a scowl or this scary face when I want to take a picture...

We had a great time. We will definitely be back on Wednesdays. I know Elijah will like it even more when he's older. A lot of the older kids would do everything, then when it was older their mom would help them pick out a book for the week and then they bring it back the next week and do it all over. It was really cute. At one point we were standing around watching Elijah run wild in the library, there was a mom and her 3 year old daughter close by reading a book. Apparently I got a little close to her other child - a 3 week old in his carrier - the little girl jumped up, ran over to me, pushed me hard and yelled "get away from my brother!" The mom was mortified and kept apologizing saying the new big sister is a little protective. I thought it was cute. Something to look forward to with Brooklyn, Katy. The mom said it was a great age span. Well, we're off to the YMCA.

No comments: