Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Our Date

Yesterday afternoon Beau and I finally got to go out for our anniversary. We did it a little different from normal. We usually go out to eat somewhere we can't afford and we don't really do gifts. Well, as I told you, we decided (and when I say "we" I mean I thought it would be fun and Beau smiled and nodded) to start doing the traditional anniversary gifts. Five years is wood. I got Beau tickets to see Indiana Jones. Okay, so yesterday we dropped Elijah off and went on our date around noon. On the date we did something we rarely do, something we never do, and something we always do...

1. What we rarely do is...go to the theatre to see a movie. Its so expensive!! $13 for a movie!! So we went to the matinee and paid $5, much better.

2. What we never do is...get popcorn and a drink. We got a medium popcorn and large drink (which could feed a small country for a year) and paid the amount it would take to support that small country. Oh well.

3. What we always do is...get ice cream. We went to Cold Stone after the movie and got ice cream (I had a coupon, I am the Coupon Queen - self appointed). We walked to Old Navy and I bought a skirt.

On the way home we called Bibby. She said we couldn't come and get Elijah yet - they were having too much fun - so we went home. Beau worked in the yard and I napped on the couch. It was a glimpse back into the pre Elijah days. While it was quiet and restful, I missed my boy. I went and picked him up and we headed to the gym.

It was a good day. Oh, what did Beau get me, you ask. Well, nothing...He does have a semi-good excuse though. We (refer to the first paragraph) decided to do the traditional gifts a day or so before he left for camp then when he got home all his family was still here. So he really never had time to shop. So I told him I would help him out. Wood is used to make paper, paper is used to make money, and money buys you a massage. So....I'm going tomorrow for my massage from my sweet husband for our anniversary!! Thanks Beau!

No comments: