Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 7, 2008

A hard lesson to learn...

This is a pretty funny story...

As a mom of a 2 year old you try to come up with distractions for your child during church. We try to keep Elijah with us in church until the sermon and then let him go to the nursery. We have cars (his new favorite toys), we have snacks, and he loves the singing so we're good for the biggest part of services. Then comes communion. This is the hardest time because everyone is quiet. We really try to get him to focus on the fact that we need to say our prayers - or "payer" as he says it. I usually hold him in my lap and we whisper our own prayer. He is a little upset when the bread passes because he doesn't get anything. Then the fruit passes and I let him have my cup. He loves it. He will immitate drinking out of it for the rest of the time. When its time for the collection I tell him we can pick out some money. He gets excited. I open my change purse and he picks out what he wants. We count it, then whisper a prayer of thanks for the money God gave us. When the basket passes he usually gets excited, throws the money in and claps for himself. But not last Sunday. Last Sunday, the basket was coming, he was excited, then I said "okay Elijah put your money in." He looks at the basket, looks at his hands full of change and yells, "No, Mine!" I say, "yes it is yours but we are giving it to Jesus". He looks so sad, but put his money in. I told him I was very proud of him. That is a very hard lesson to learn. It is so cute how children can portray exactly how we feel sometimes.

I just got this pic this morning too cute...
Mimi and Grandpa are coming this weekend to visit (and to babysit for us!!) I'm off to clean a little.

No comments: