Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Juju and Pawpaw's

When Mom flew in from Hawaii she came and picked us up in Ft Worth, at Mandy's and we were off to Stephenville. For most of the day Satuday we just lounged. Mom and I had hair appointments and Dad stayed with Elijah. Saturday night we walked to Jannie's for dinner.

Pawpaw, Elijah and Juju...

Elijah got to ride on Pawpaw's shoulders...

Funny story, I talked to Jannie earlier in the day on Saturday about dinner. She said she had also invited the summer youth intern (he has been living with Jannie and Larry for the summer) and his girlfriend for dinner. She said the girlfriend was down to hear Chris preach for the first time. When Jannie met the girlfriend Jannie was telling her that her grandaughter's husband is also a youth minister south of Houston and they met at ACU. The girlfriend said, "is your grandson Beau Ballard?!" Jannie was a little shocked and said, "yes", the girlfriend went on to say that Beau was the youth intern one summer at her church and I used to stay with her family so I could see Beau. We were all on a mission trip together when Beau proposed to me. So, how ironic that this girl, Jenna, was staying with my family so she could see her boyfriend, the youth intern and I used to stay with her family to see Beau, the youth intern 6 years ago!! We took a picture to prove it to Beau.


Sunday morning everyone was so wiped out we all over slept (even Elijah didn't wake up until almost 10am so we missed church. Bummer! I was excited about seeing everyone (ok I just wanted to show off my beautiful boy). So we relaxed all day Sunday too.

Elijah having a snack of grapes and I said, "say cheese"...nothing...I said "show me your teeth" and this is what I get...



Pawpaw trying to teach Elijah how to ride Brook's girly tricycle...



"Look how big I am, Mom!"

Elijah helping Zac pull the trailor full of wood (one of Mom and Dad's trees died and Dad had to chop it down) Please keep Zac in your prayers. He's in the middle of Two-A-Days at SMU and it's usually over 110 degrees on the field and they are practicing in full pads!

Elijah was acting very "twoish" the whole time. I would catch him doing a lot of things like this...

He had to have a lot of baths when we were in the country. Pawpaw helped me out by giving one to him for me...

We had a great time in Stephenville. Thanks Pawpaw and Juju!! Did I mention while we were there we found out Joel and Sherrie are going to have a baby!! (Joel is my mom's brother, they live in Dallas. Sherrie is a nurse and Joel is a police officer) YEAH!!

No comments: