Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 22, 2008

We're Back!!!!

Wow! This has been a long 9 days! We finally got power last night. We had come home from church and Elijah and I were taking our nightly shower-by-candlelight. Beau came in and said, "hey Erica, guess what..." and he flipped on the light. I couldn't believe it! I asked how he knew and he said he could all the sudden hear all the neighbors cheering so he ran in and tried it out. It was so exciting! I've never been so excited to flip a switch. I slept so much better last night. I finally made myself get out of bed at 8:30 this morning. I was wondering if Beau had taken Elijah to the church with him because Elijah usually is up around 7 and I couldn't hear him making any noise. I went into his room at 8:45 and I had to wake him up!! Seems like everyone slept better. We had breakfast and now he's finally watching his shows!! He would ask me every morning "shows broke, Mama?" It was kinda sad. He did really well playing, though. Here are a few pics I took to document our week...


At the hospital Elijah made some good friends. A nurse I work with, Darcy, had her 5 kids with her. Elijah just LOVED them. So did I. They took Elijah in and cared for him the whole time we were there. It was so nice not having to worry what he was doing (getting into) every single second since they were watching him. On Saturday morning I set up the laptop and pushed some beds together for them to watch Lady and the Tramp...

Sunday morning Elijah got up and found the Doppler (we use it to find pulses on patients) and he rolled it all over the place. Maybe he'll be a nurse!

Waiting for Darcy's kids to wake up...



Finally, he got some one to wake up...

Before we left I took a pic of Beau and Elijah with their blue bands on. It was their proof that they belonged to me!

Some of the next pics are blurry...sorry. When we finally got home Sunday it wasn't too bad. My favorite red bench was just fine!!

Beau's beautiful flowers were ruined...(those are shingles, they were EVERYWHERE)


One side of the fence...




Before we left for the hospital Beau put all of our patio furniture out under some trees.

Good thing he picked those trees because just a few feet over was this...

The other fence...


Elijah thought it was cool that his sandbox was turned into a pool...



The roof was pretty damaged. The insurance adjuster came yesterday and said we'll have to get a new one. It leaked into the house in a few rooms and that will have to be fixed too...

Elijah and Marshall (a boy from next door) playing inside. Totally oblivious to the stupidity their fathers were up to outside!!

Now, if you know my dad and you know my husband you'll soon figure out that they are a lot alike. This next picture proves it even more. The guy next door offered to help Beau when he saw Beau trying to get me to help him patch the roof. This is the idea they came up with on how to patch a "hard to reach" spot...

We spent a lot of time with the Spencer/Scogin families. The Scogin's (Bill and Jan) had power so we went over there every night for dinner and AC. Bibby gave these sunglasses to Elijah at one of our get togethers...


It was a really long week, but it sure did make us realize how blessed we are. Thank you for all your prayers, phone calls and emails.

2 comments:

bunnytrails said...

So glad you have electricity !! I can't even imagine what you have been through. How is baby YaYa doing???

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the power is back! Sorry to see that there is so much cleaning up to do. I love the picture of Beau hanging upside down on the roof. I can so see Brad doing that! Tell the boys we said hi, Amy B.