Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 26, 2008

Signs of a good big brother

I watch Grant on Thursday afternoons while Aimee goes to school. Yesterday Elijah was taking a nap (and by taking a nap I mean laying in his bed talking to himself for 2 hours) and after I fed Grant it was time for him to take a nap and for Elijah to get up. I put Grant down and went to get Elijah. Grant started crying. Elijah new exactly who it was (even though he was already in bed when Grant came over). Elijah started getting upset saying "Grant crying, Grant crying". I got Elijah out of bed and told him Grant needed a toy in his bed to help him not cry and take a nap. Elijah looked all over his room for a toy and we decided on his soft blue dog that he sleeps with. Elijah took it into Grant's room and put it in his bed and said "there Grant". We left and I pulled the door almost shut. Elijah ran into the living room and I went to do some laundry. Just a minute later I came down the hall and kept seeing Elijah running back and forth to Grants room. I walked back there (with camera, just in case) and this is what I found...



"If one toy helped, more should really help!"

Grant's bed after Elijah "helped".

Elijah loves Grant and always wants to help. I just keep thinking, if he loves his friend so much and is so interested in helping, how much more will it be with a little brother or sister? He is such a sweet boy and I know he will be a great Big Brother!

No comments: