Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 1, 2010

This house is not my home...

Don't get me wrong, we live in a very nice little duplex. The only thing is, its small. When we moved here we downsized our living space and had added a child. We are very blessed to be able to afford a nice place to live, so I am, in no way, trying to sound ungrateful.

I am so tired of making Elijah be quiet while Sadie's napping and trying to make Sadie be quiet while Elijah's napping and trying to watch a movie with Beau while the kids are in bed ("Turn it up...turn it down...turn it up...turn it down..."). You can't run the dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, wash dishes, or run any appliance in the kitchen while some one is trying to watch tv or have a conversation.

I LOVED our first house. Some one told me the other day I will never love another house like that one, not because of anything to do with the house, but because I had my babies there. I responded with the fact that I should love our next house too because I'll hopefully have more kids in it. Anyway, back to our first home. It was a great first house. Huge kitchen, great living room, and a great backyard.

We've learned recently that the girl living there now (she's been renting it until we close on it tomorrow) has not taken care of it, the yard anyways. Its really sad because of all the hard work (and money) we put into it.

We should have our "new" house in a few weeks. Now, I am super excited about this house. Not because its cute. Its not. Not because its new. Its not. Not because its not going to need a TON of work. It is. But because its huge. For us. We will be doubling our living space and increasing our yard space by about 8 times! That is enough to be excited about.

Sorry, no pictures. I will try to get some soon. Tomorrow is Sadie's check up for her ears and I'm afraid they're going to say they're still infected.

Our Menu this week is not much:
Monday: Slow cooker chicken cacciatore. No recipe. It was a jar of sauce poured over some chicken and put in the crockpot, served over rice with green beans and corn.
Tuesday: Going out for my birthday.
Wednesday: Jambalaya and Frenchbread
Thursday: Leftovers (I work)
Friday - Saturday: Going to Stephenville for my birthday.

1 comment:

Kami said...

Awww. Hang in there. At least the upside is just around the corner! Good luck to you!