Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 31, 2011

Fun-0-Rama!

Friday we worked around the house then after lunch Elijah and I went to run some errands. We told Elijah we would take him to the zoo if he was good all day. The weather was so good we planned to go walk around the zoo for a bit. By the time we got there we only had about an hour because we forgot they close so early. Oh well, that's the beauty of having a membership!! After that we went to get some burgers and then Sadie and I went home to chill and the boys went to watch some basketball games (they didn't get home until after 10pm!!). Elijah LOVES getting to go with Beau to watch "the guys".

Saturday we had another day of going to the gym and working around the house planned, but Janice called and said Amy and Brooklyn were in town and they wanted to go to the zoo and to Chucky Cheese for lunch. So we changed our plans and headed to the zoo.


Elijah helping pull the girls in the wagon...


I have never been able to talk the kids into taking pictures here, but since Brooklyn wanted to they were all in. If this is how they're going to handle peer pressure we may be in trouble....

My itty, bitty butterfly was a little short...


Looking at the bear...



Showing us how a bear growls..."RRRROOOOAAAARRRR!!!!"




Group shot...





Making beautiful music....






Brooklyn's face is so sweet in this picture!!! Amy was trying to get her to look at the camera and she was having none of it. Then Amy said, "say 'Chucky Cheese!'" and she was so excited!!





Just hangin' out. Ha! I crack myself up!








Are you freaking kidding me. How old is this little Sugar Plum Fairy!?!
Just looking at this makes me want to go wake her up and gobble her! She is a maniac and a weirdo supreme, but I love her!



Sunday night Beau planned a Chili and Dessert Cook-off and Silent Auction as a fundraiser for the youth's summer mission trips. It was awesome and we had such a great turnout! I have been looking for an excuse to practice making and decorating with fondant. I want to make a cake for Sadie's birthday, but I've been too intimidated to try fondant. I made it on Saturday and after putting Sadie down for a nap I tackled the cake.
I do have to say it turned out great! Right about the time I was ready to give up because it was too hard I figured out what I was doing wrong and after that it was a breeze. I think it turned out great! Its not the cutest cake in the world, but my expectations were so low! I will do better for the party now that I know what I'm doing (somewhat)...





The bow is a little sad, but I needed something to hide the seam of the rope...





And just to keep it real...




I was fairly certain I ruined my table and I still have powdered sugar from floor to ceiling (literally), but I was able to clean the table and I was so excited the cake turned out I didn't mind how long it took to clean up!




My hands were a different story...


I don't think the cake boss will be calling any time soon but I had fun.


It was a great weekend and we have a few busy weeks ahead!

No comments: