Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 23, 2008

Elijah and Grant

Yesterday I went shopping and Aimee and Grant came with me. We had a good time and I got a couple new things. At first I was feeling shopper's guilt for being out spending money on myself then a few stores into it I thought, "you know, you're supposed to reward yourself with new clothes for loosing a lot of weight and that's the reason I'm shopping". I have lost about 15 lbs and none of my pants fit anymore!!
Then, we were walking thru the mall and I saw an Indian lady "threading" eyebrows. I have been wanting to try it for a long time. I found a little salon that did it, but every time I went by the one girl who knows how was gone. The last time I went by they said she didn't work there anymore. Probably because she was never there!! So, I was really excited that I found some one doing it. It was at a little Kiosk out in the middle of an atrium. Aimee went off to feed Grant and I sat down to get my eyebrows threaded. Now what she does is have you cover your eye with one hand, then use the other hand on your forehead to pull your skin taunt. She takes thread and some how twists it and plucks out about 10 hairs at a time. I'm not ashamed to say that I was yelling very loudly and had to try very hard to keep from screaming curses on her children and their children. At one point I heard a lady come up and ask if it really hurts. If I hadn't been passed out from the pain I would have slapped her. Was I yelling because it felt so good!!?? She told me I may want to keep it down, I was drawing a crowd. I didn't care, I just kept asking the old Indian lady if I was bleeding. She switched to the other side and continued to comment on my incredibly "weird" eyebrows - I do have weird eyebrows - ask me some other time to explain. At one point I flinched and she yelled at me because it was going to mess up "the line". She kept having to stop because she was laughing at me because now my feet were straight up in the air. When she finished she asked it I wanted her to take care of this (pointing to her upper lip). I said heck no, I'm content with my stache!! She told me I should come back in 2-3 weeks and it won't be so bad because the first time is the worst. All I know is its been almost 24 hours and my eyebrows are still sore.

Anyway, when we got home Aimee and Grant came in to hang out a while and we woke Ligy up from his nap. The boys had a great time watching Diego (well, Grant seemed nervous and Elijah just wanted us to move out of the way of the tv).


Side note:

Please post a comment and reassure me that I don't need to be worried by what you're about to see...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well all guys should get in touch with femine side. Ask Beau....

andrea said...

At least he skipped out on the heels and make-up. Plus his color scheme is mostly browns!