Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Our Weekend with Juju and Pawpaw

My mom and dad drove in on Friday afternoon. We had wonderful weather. We ate outside Friday night in our new and improved back-yard (pics coming soon, just need to finish a few things). Saturday the weather was so nice we wanted to do something outside. We decided to stroll the Strand in Galveston. It was actually so cool that my mom and I had to wear cardigans and I even had a hot coffee while we shopped!! In May...in Houston....I know!!! Anyway...

Elijah loved seeing the horses walk by. He would yell out (in their language) "NAY"!!

"Hey Papa, you gotta see this!"

"This is a horse, it says Nay"

Later that night he was starting in on the OCD again...

When we got home dad went to "get gas" and surprised us all by coming home with a swing set for Ligy. Apparently all boys need a swing set. He and Beau worked on it all evening (and into the night with flashlights) to get it ready for Elijah. He doesn't quite understand how to hold his balance on the swing yet so we attached his toddler swing for now. Thanks Pawpaw!! I see lots of fun memories being made in our future!

This morning, after church, we had a potluck luncheon for our HS grad. This was the dessert I made. I thought it was pretty cute. One lady saw me leaving with it, empty, and said "That was dessert!! I thought it was part of the decoration for the dessert table!!" The kids got a kick out of it. They all walked around saying "I have a cup of dirt!" "I'm eating dirt!"
Now I'm off to finish the laundry and start our week. I have a lot to do to get ready for our vacation!!! So excited!!

No comments: