Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 5, 2008

Elijah Lately...

Elijah is changing so fast!! I look at Grant and think "there's no way that was Elijah just 18 months ago!" He is learning so much you can see a difference every day. These are some of the things he's up to lately...

1. He's been getting in his back teeth so he walks around with his whole hand in his mouth. Poor baby, it has to hurt.
2. He is talking so much. A lot of the time you don't have a clue what he's saying, but you can tell its really important. Some times he even comes up to you and whispers a secret.
3. I don't think I could count how many real words he knows and uses. He is learning new ones every day. Beau is an amazing father - I'll come home from work, or just walk in from getting the mail and he's taught Elijah something new.
4. The latest mystery is...about 2 weeks ago Elijah started saying "pretty please". He's said please (peez) for a long time, but all the sudden now its "pre peez". We've asked all the ladies who keep him occasionally; they all noticed, but all thought the other one taught it. No one will own up to teaching it to him. I even asked the ladies at the little Child Watch at the YMCA. Anyway, its super cute, but we don't know where he got it.
5. He doesn't like to count. If I hold up one finger and say "how many is this?" he shakes his head and yells "NO!".
6. He loves to boss Max around - I guess its the only person in the house he feels he can control. We have to get on to him for being too bossy.
7. He is definately my summer-time boy. He loves to be outside. I just had to drag him inside because its raining, but he didn't care. He loves fruit, we take a trip to the Farmers Market about once a week for more fruit - or as he says "rute". He also loves the water, I see swim lessons and days at the pool in our near future.
8. He is an extreme organizer - but I guess that's not really new. If he gets something out of a cabinet or drawer and you ask him to put it back he does so, but has to make sure its exactly right before he'll shut the door.
9. He is trying to assert his independance daily in almost any way. He has decided he's not eating any vegetables (except tomatoes and avacado) and won't even eat a kiwi because its green. Little does he know his mom is smarter than he is (sometimes). The other day, I made him a pizza and what, you ask, was under the sauce? That's right, mashed up carrots! Silly boy.
When he wants me to go somewhere to get him something he will grab both my hands, pull me up and lead me where he wants me to go. He thinks he's so strong when he pulls me up from the ground!
10. He loves animals. When we drive by a pasture he points out the cows and yells "mooo" or the horses and yells "naaay". He loves to make all his animal noises.

Here are a few pics I just snapped so this wouldn't be all text...

Playing the drums in his room...



This is what happens if you ask Elijah where his tongue is...

No comments: