Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

We took a long weekend/mini vacation over Memorial Day weekend. It was great! We left here Thursday after lunch, picked up Elijah from Mother's Day Out and headed out of town. We drove 3 hours, stopped for 15 minutes so I could nurse in a Dairy Queen parking lot then drove another 3 hours till we got to my parents' house. As soon as we got there we sat down to dinner my dad had a glorious dinner ready for us. It was steak, sausage, salmon, shark, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, salad, blackberry cobbler and ice cream (mind you it was just us and Mom and Dad!) It was fantastic.

Friday we got up, had a big breakfast and played all day. Here are some pics from the day...

Elijah played with the neighbors' kitten the whole time. We are totally going to have to get him a kitten (for outside). Bibby has totally made Elijah a cat-lover.

He jumped on the neighbors' trampoline, which he also loved...


Friday afternoon Jon, Katy, Brooklyn and Cale showed up along with Zac and Heather. Zac got the kids a slip and slide. It was, lets say, interesting. The kids had a great time.

The boys decided to "lube up" the kids since they apparently weren't sliding well enough. This is them oiling the kids with baby oil...




Elijah didn't quite get it at first...



A very chilly Elijah and Brooklyn...

Brooklyn was an all-star!



He finally figured it out...
but did need a push every time...



Then Jon decided to get in on the action and show the kids how to do it...



To warm up the kids went swimming in the hot tub...





Brooklyn and Elijah did great together (a few meltdowns, but I think that's pretty good for a 2 and 4 year old). Best quote of the weekend:
Elijah and Brooklyn have their own table they sit at during meals. During breakfast one morning:
Elijah: "Brooklyn, do you want some coffee?"
Brooklyn: "Noooo! "
Brooklyn to my mom: "Elijah asked me if I wanted coffee and I just laughed in my brain! I don't like coffee!"
We spent the rest of the weekend saying we "laughed in our brains"! It was really funny to listen to them talk to each other.

After cleaning up we walked down to Jannie and Papa Larry's for dinner. The kids, first, had to check out the tree house.

I ended up having to leave dinner early. I started feeling bad Friday morning. I had gotten Mastitis (look it up) and by Friday afternoon I had a fever. By dinner time the fever was worse (101) and I had to go to bed.
Saturday afternoon we had the party for everyone to meet Sadie. We had family and friends come in that I hadn't seen in a really long time. We had burgers and cake and homemade ice cream! Yumm!

Papa Larry and Elijah playing with Ethan...


Sherrie and I with our new babies. Ethan is about 4 or 5 weeks older than Sadie. They will be second cousins...



We left Stephenville Monday morning and drove to Rosebud. We had lunch waiting on us and got to visit for a while before heading home.

Janice bought Elijah a bug catching kit. He loves it. He wants to go out and catch bugs all day. Yesterday he was trying really hard to catch a baby lizard!


"What are you talking about, Peepaw?!"



Family portrait...


Four Generations...


These were the kids just minutes after getting back in the car...

and they stayed that way till Houston!


Me and my honey after a long weekend!
We had a great time! Thanks to everyone who helped us by coming to the party, cooking, holding Sadie, changing diapers, playing with Elijah and just having some great conversations!

1 comment:

Katy said...

We had a great time seeing you and your sweet family. Can't wait til your closer. Love yall

ps- I've been laughing in my brain :)