Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Mom's Night Out

Tuesday night was supposed to be Mom's Night Out to get pedicures with our MOM's club. It got changed to Wednesday night last minute. Aimee and I had planned on going and had secured Gary and Beau to keep the kids for a few hours, but they could only do it on Tuesday so we had our own MNO. We still had a great time.

Aimee picked me up after I had dinner and fed Sadie...

We got our pedicures. It was great. However, for future reference we will not get the last two appointments of the day. I think the ladies really rushed thru the pedicures because they wanted to go home so they didn't get all the rough junk off my heals (its really a two man job anyway and its possible that power tools may have needed to be involved). We still had fun though.


Afterwards we drove to Piccomollo and had gelato. Mmmm. It was a great evening so we sat outside and really enjoyed ourselves.
Then we headed back to reality and went home to put the kids to bed. Ahh, to be young and childless...wait...let me think about it...no I wouldn't trade my kids for all the pedicures in the world...now ice cream is a different matter...that's definitely a tougher decision! Ha!



Today I hit the ground running. Sadie slept from 11pm to 6am. I fed her at 6 and went back to bed for a few hours. We got up around 8:45am and I got Elijah breakfast, got ready, nursed Sadie, dressed her and ran out the door to make it to Pilates by 9:30 ( I was only 7 mins late). I've been working out for about 2 weeks now, but only walking and doing the elliptical, today was my first Pilates class in probably 8 or 9 months. Wow!! Did that hurt! I don't think I have any abs left! Its the first time I've ever had to stop and rest or go half way. I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow. Elijah got to do Fit Kids while I was in Pilates and Sadie just stayed in the day care.
We left the gym and drove to Froberg's. Beau met us there and we did our last strawberry picking of the season, bought some fruits and veggies and headed home. We had lunch and I put the kids down for naps. While they napped I made brownies (for the Firefighters - we tour the fire station tomorrow with MOM's club), made some homemade applesauce from some apples that were about to go bad, made some popsicles for Elijah, ran the dishwasher and washed pots and pans. WHEW!! Now I'm nursing and when I'm done I'll cook dinner! I'm sure I'll sleep well tonight.
Beau went outside to mow when he got home and Elijah decided to "help". I thought it was a great picture!





I'm off to cook dinner! More tomorrow!



No comments: